Monday, November 19, 2007

The Peace that comes after the storm

Last night was an all-nighter again, and I am seriously beggining to question what I am doing with my life. With Thanksgiving Break starting tomorrow and the end of the semester rounding the corner I just cannot seem to focus on any of my work and have put everything off until tonight (actually my Romans paper was due this morning, but that is alright...MacDougall is lieniant).

Today was not so wonderful. After pulling an all-nighter (as previously stated) I also slept through my alarm after chapel and missed my 1 o'clock. Then, surprisingly, I woke just in time to make it to Shakespeare at 2! Bearly. Natalea slept in, but that is alright, she likes to skip class, and she only slept about two hours last night herself.

Abby took one look at me and proclaimed that she would not permit me to go to work today (which was such a blessing in disguise) because while I was tired and worn, I think I have down-played this whol concussion thing, and my head was really hurting today (for those who are wondering, I hit my head on the concret wall in Founders last week and spent all of Friday morning and afternoon in the ER making sure I was alright. heh...)

She skipped her 3:00 and Grant joined us in the Great Hall (since I had slept through lunch) it was good to be back with some friends. They both attended the MTW conference and it was good to hear about it/ Grant cracked us both up with his stories of when he took Karate as a young lad. Mattie joined us and we all talked for a bit before Abby left for work and Grant and I both trudged to the library.

How unfortunate that I should check my email. I received a letter from the Finincal Aid office saying that they would not be able to give me any more money. I could not stop the tears as I barely made my way out of the library. Thankfully no one saw me, and I called my mom. She was sweet about things and told me she would look up some enrollment information about AU. I don't want to leave Covenant, but if it is what the Lord wills, who am I to say no?

I still cried. I was mourning my loss. I tried to call Abby, but she was working. Kristina was in class. I called Grant, but he was still in the library. I did not know what to do. I desperately needed a friend to talk to and pray for me.

Moments later, as I was trying to wipe some of the ruined eye makeup off my eyes, I heard my phone ring. Never before had I been so grateful to see a friends name on the little screen of my phone.

It was Grant. He said he would meet me in the lobby of Andy Hall, so I grabbed a box of tissues and took the elevator down. The tears did not fall as they had, but the moment I opened the door and saw my lean friend, I began sobbing again. We went into the large conference room and I began telling him what I had founf out.

I always seem to forget the power of fellowship and brother and sisterhood that the Lord grants His children. I did not think I could be encouraged so, but I was. We talked for a while about God's plan and my family as well as friends at school. He prayed for me, and then we began sharing what the Lord has revealed to each of us. It was great to see that the Lord is stirring in his heart a desire for missions and I shared that the Lord has begun to grow a seed of servitute in mine. It was encouraging to say the least.

I then came back to my room and napped for a little while before meeting Abby for supper. I love her, and she prayed with me as well (after she came into my room to see my fort). Jeremy joined us for a short time at supper, and since it was his birthday I gave him a 'birthday kiss' on the forehead. He was so silly about it.

All in all, what began as a wretched day, which seemed to get worse, the Lord showed me that He is watching over me, and encourages me to appreciate the fellowship He has gifted me with. I know whatever His plans for me, that I will be ready to go where ever He leads me.

No comments: